Thursday, August 10, 2017

Starbolts #358: Enter the Ice Phoenix


 
Hail!

This is the first of two comics this week! I wanted to show what Jack has been up to since he went after Cobra and Zarantha not too long ago. It seems he got amnesia and has met a friend named Ice Phoenix. I should talk a little about her.

Ice Phoenix was the screen name of a friend of mine from way back in the day. Like back when modems still had dial ups. THAT far back. We met at a comic message board and eventually someone got the bright idea to put us all in a huge fanfic. Icey's character was a blue haired woman who obviously controlled ice.  That character went by the wayside when Icey created someone similar for her own stories involving the world of Pokemon. Her name was Arti Cuno. Eventually, Icey changed her screen name to Faeore and well, the rest is history. In fact, she has even continued the adventures of Arti Cuno and her friends in several new stories. She does art from time to time and I've posted them on my facebook page which you can see here:

https://www.facebook.com/Starbolt-Productions-109799699073466/

Fae's work can also be seen here:

https://faeore.deviantart.com/

I went to Fae and asked her if I could bring Ice Phoenix into the world of the Starbolts. I gave her a concept art of the sprite and said it was a thank you for all the art she did for me over the years. This Ice Phoenix, though, has a totally different origin than the one she made and we will see that, soon. I ran it by her and she accepted and here she is. She likes the idea of Ice Phoenix being practically reborn eighteen years since her debut in a long forgotten story. I barely remember the details of it because it was so long ago!

Now the Ice Phoenix has been reborn! What does it mean for our heroes? What is her connection to Zarantha? Find out this weekend!

Oh and I really like the jab I had at creating a monster which was a recolor of the Aquan War God. That was cool.

And before I go, be sure to check out my fiftieth episode of Comic Showcase! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzgCAe7CULs
 

No comments:

Post a Comment