Saturday, January 25, 2014

Starbolts #220: Under the Sea



I tell you. When I was making this week's comic a few songs came into my head. Those were: The theme from Ecco the Dolphin and of course "Under the Sea." I couldn't decide which was better suited for this week's comic. You can make the call. Though, there are no Caribbean crabs here.  Nope. Not one.

What IS here are some strange alien animals. I guess I have an overactive imagination. Let's see. We have the little crab that squirted Robkas back in the early 100s of this comic, a four wings bird of some kind. A red fish. But, most awesome of all is the black creature. That is the same animal that adorns Manta's armor and is the crest of the royal family. Fun fact for ya. =)

The comic took a while to make because believe it or not, the flipping parts took a while.  I know it doesn't look like it did. But, yep. It sure did. I should also note that the first panel is a miniaturized and pixel version of the art my friend Freya did for me a while back. check it out here: http://cferra1.deviantart.com/art/Aquita-By-the-Sea-340763647

Overall, it was fun to do this comic. See ya next week. I've gotta get these songs out of my head.


No comments:

Post a Comment