Hail!
Well, it looks like M'anta here isn't just from an alternate reality. He's from the past as well. In his reality, his father's assassination hasn't occurred yet and won't happen for another few years. This is M'anta as he appeared in my very first story from way back in 1996. Granted, I did take a few liberties here and there. I'm allowed to do that, aren't I? Sure, I am!
The only liberty I took was regarding Carter. Carter didn't come along in the prose version of the story until the early 2000s when I was writing the story with my friend, Sam. Carter was also called Sara Edwards back then and she had a British accent. She went through several retcons before becoming the lovable raven-haired witch we know today. If young M'anta thought the images he saw in Carter's head were shocking, just wait until he meets this universe's Crystal. Let's hope he doesn't fly off when he meets her.
Anyway, we have some glimpses into what the reality M'anta came from is like. Aquarius became a desert thanks to the Mosqukatrara. The Agents took the J'arrstis in and made them superheroes. There's more, of course. But as you can see several things never made it into the comic. For starters, I rather like keeping Aquarius a blue, watery world. I think the Aquans would agree. It gets better. The Aquans refugees created a city in the Pacific Ocean once Sirak made his race known to the people of Earth. I forget if I ever restored that version of Aquarius. I might have.
Sirak is eventually born to Mateo and Aquita in the other reality and Aquita's father did die by Terra Nova's hand in the prose story. Some things are just a constant in the multiverse. King Sirak is always assassinated in every reality. Look on the bright side. At least the couples always exist in every reality!
It was probably a smart move on the Starbolts part by having Aquita meet with a younger version of her brother. I can't imagine anyone else being on hand to help except maybe Shrall.
Now we know where our M'anta is. Will he be meeting his alternate self? Possibly. I don't see why not. More fun times are sure to be had as we march toward Starbolts #800. I have a feeling our young hero is going to get himself into some trouble before that comic. Stay tuned!
See ya next time!
No comments:
Post a Comment