Sunday, September 29, 2024

Starbolts #700: A Decent Proposal

 

 Hail! 

    We're finally here! The 700th edition of the Starbolts and what a celebration we have this time! We all knew this was coming eventually. Marcus and Crystal became an item back in Starbolts #303 when they had their first kiss. The hints for the romance were always sort of there. I initially just wanted to test the relationship to see how it would fly and it worked out pretty well. Marcus and Crystal compliment each other well and now they're going to get married. That wedding is sure to be a star-studded event. I'm not sure when it'll take place. It might be in a comic in 2025 or 2026 depending on  my mood. I think it might be best to have it be next year. I'll have to talk to my editors about it and see what they think!

    Anyway, it was a long time coming for these two lovebirds since they had been pining for each other for ten years or so in the comic. Thankfully, they got their feelings out in the open and now they're ready to take the next step in their relationship.

    I do like how Marcus and Mateo mentioned Mateo's proposal to Aquita. You won't find that in the comic. That was actually in the prose version of Starbolts. As a matter of fact, I should probably put up excerpts from the prose version on the site. However, a lot of things are no longer canon and it wouldn't gel with how the comic is now. For example, Jack was a completely different person. He was kind of a jerk when he showed up. At least certain things remained constant when I transferred the story from prose to the comic.

    At least I can always do flashbacks to that time period. I do go back to the prose version of the story every once in a while and see what could be added. I'm always looking for ways to improve the comic and my writing as well. So many things changed since I started writing this story in the 1990s and sometmies you have to move forward. 

    Seven hundred comics is a lot of work and I've been doing this comic since 2008. Even in the comic there have been changes to how the sprites all look and I'm always looking for ways to improve my work here as well. Who knows what the comic will look like seven hundred comics from now! Time will tell. I'm not going to be slowing down any time soon.

     I'm glad I made it this far and it's good to have this romantic payoff for two of my favorite characters in the comic. Starbolts #303 was when I decided to elevate Crystal to main character status and I think that worked out for the best because it allowed me to make Carter, Firaxil and Jack main characters along with Marcus. That cast fits together well. My only regret is that it took my so long to find a group of main characters to focus on for the comic. At least that's a good group of characters! 

    I hope everyone enjoys the comic! Here's to many more!

See ya next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment