Sunday, October 30, 2022

Starbolts #605: The Haunted Mansion

 

 

Hail!

    I decided to take a different approach with this year's Halloween comic. Instead of using the usual ghosts from Soldier Six, I thought I would use a different horror in the form of a demon. Sure the lesser demon was dealt with rather quickly. But, if you think about it, the doubts Firaxil and Marcus have could also be their own inner demons. Thankfully, both were dealt with by their mentor/father-in-law, Stan. He's been the Starbolts' mentor since they were teens and it looks like they will always need his guidance. 

    The pictures in the hallway have a bit of an Easter egg in them. I included a picture of Charlotte, the fallen member of the Agents of S.T.A.R.. I originally was going to have her be the ghost in this week's comic and I was going to have her interact with the hologram of Pegasus. The problem was that I didn't know how to best end it. That and I kind of wondered why she'd be at the mansion. There were just too many questions. So, Sam and I did an extensive rewrite of this week's comic and I think it turned out good. 

    I do like how Marcus is well on his way to proposing to Crystal and I liked his banter with Firaxil. Look for more of that soon. I like having the two team up! It's fun! I hope everyone has a great Halloween! 

See ya next time and Happy Halloween....WHATEVER YOU ARE! MWAHAHAHA!

No comments:

Post a Comment