Saturday, June 15, 2013

Starbolts #196: The Superior Dragonfly



When your own beta reader wishes death on a character, you know you did something right. Laura, my beta reader wants to rip Tanis's wings out because of his actions here. I can't say I'm surprised. The guy has been poisoned by the dark side. Or has he? Can he be turned? Is this comic totally mocking "The Superior Spider-Man" and Superboy Prime? Yes to those two questions. As for him being turned back to being a good guy? Hmm...I'll get back to you on that. In the mean time, please enjoy this week's comic. =)

 When I redesigned Tanis, I was going for something like the dragonfly Pokemon, Yanma. It's a dragonfly pokemon known for its speed and I tried to capture it here. Tanis can now adjust his speed, pass through solid objects, vibrate his way through doors and fly almost as fast as Bluestreak. Almost. But, not quite.

I also made his wings a bit better and more insect-like than before. You could call it a reboot. I just call it a redesign. =) Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment