Saturday, July 9, 2016

Starbolts #315: The Pirate of the Deep



Hail!

Oh, dear. Someone has a grudge. He doesn't have a codename, yet. He will sooner or later. Since he hates M'anta, I am thinking of something manta rays hate. Perhaps something involving sharks. That seems like a good bet. At least now we know Benton's backstory. Dude was an army guy who wants revenge for the death of his family. Don't feel too sympathetic to him. He just ruined a reunion between Crystal and Marcus. Guy's a jerk. 'Nuff said.

Anyway, I had fun drawing that rock in Townsville. I scoured the real life city on Google Earth and saw that the city has a nice park in it with a mountain in the background. It's kind of cool and adds a sort of character to the place. Whenever I draw a real world location, I try to make the sprite version as close as I can to the real work equivalent. It was also fun making a Powerpuff Girls reference with it. Next week's comic may continue the theme.

A lot of stuff has been going on in comics lately. Captain America has been revealed to have Kobik and Red Skull messing with his head and memories. That didn't take long. The story of him getting his mind back together should be a good one. I hope.  So many things happening in comics that I am wondering what to review. I'm leaning toward DC Rebirth: Superman. But, we'll see. I got time to decide.

In the mean time, enjoy the comic. Don't worry. Crystal and Marcus will have a proper reunion soon. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment