Saturday, October 31, 2015

Starbolts #288: Old Ghosts



Hail and Happy Halloween, everyone!

Richard Smythe, a ghost possessing his decaying husk has a lot to answer for. He killed his former teammates in cold blood, tried to kill his best friend Jack and of course betrayed Soldier Six to D.I.S.C.O.R.D. He was brought back by Demonstorm and now has a choice to make. Does he want to become a walking husk or does he want to join his former friends and be judged due to the sins he committed against them. I think in the last panel, he has found a third option. We'll be exploring that option after the Kyodon saga wraps up!

This was a fun comic to work on! I know it is a little on the long side since it's forty panels and all. But, I wanted to give almost every ghost a spotlight. I have Air Raid dive-bombing Cobra. Cheetah chasing after him in a demonic car. And finally I have the zombie Soldier Six show up and scare Cobra senseless. Please note the blood stain on zombie Scarlett. That's where Cobra shot her.

I have to admit, I really liked that line:

"Why are you haunting me and not Jack?"
"We like him. We hate you!"

Eh. Makes sense all things considered. At least now we know what happened to him post Starbolts #275. He escaped and managed to rescue three members of his team. He's going to need ALL of them in the coming storyline. I meant for this Halloween special to also tie into a future story. I think it works well given what day it is. =D

I didn't really have time to work on a new page this week as I was working on this comic. I'll try to have a new one up in a couple days. Hope you all have a great Halloween! Scare you next time! MWHAHAHAHAHAHA!

No comments:

Post a Comment