Saturday, December 22, 2012

Starbolts #177.5: The Christmas Concert

 

Happy holidays, everyone!

The holidays are here and today I bring you a special holiday edition of the Starbolts! This year, I decided to go a different route by having Aquita sing the holiday classic "Jingle Bell Rock" and have some action to go along with it. When I was working on it, I realized it was like the singing scene in the decidedly non Christmassy movie, "The Fifth Element". I made sure to have Bluestreak make a note of that in the comic. Because...why not? Hahaha.

It took me a while to find a snow texture I could use. I think it came out okay. You might be wondering why there's no snow in the ground in the other scenes. Well, that's because Dastara City, where the action takes place, is located near DC. DC doesn't get that much snow.

This was a fun comic to make. However, now I have Jingle Bell rock in my head. That's probably my own fault there. Hahaha. Everyone have a safe and happy holiday! I'll be back next time with something good! What will it be? Tune in and find out!


No comments:

Post a Comment