Saturday, September 10, 2011

Starbolts #131: When Deals Go South



Hail!

Well, friends, the start of a story that'll take till the end of the year to finish has begun! D.I.S.C.O.R.D. has returned and no one is safe. NO ONE! Sucks that Anya's without a house now. Don't worry. She won't be homeless for long. I have a feeling she'll like it in Dastara City and fit RIGHT in. That's all I'm saying. The Hammer armor went through MANY, MANY drafts. The first one looked too form fitting for Hammer. So, I decided to go with one that was more bulky. Kind of like Marvel's Titanium Man.

In other news, I really have to thank a couple people this week! First big thanks go out to idiotbox2099. He e-mailed me scans of New Warriors #1 and I'll be reviewing that soon. The second thanks go out to Gethenian who helped me with some Russian words for today's comic. Ven was a big help since all my Russian comes from reading X-Men comics where Colossus is around. Probably not the best example.

Finally, here's a tentative list of comics I'm going to review when I get a chance. Chances are the rest of the year will also be interspersed with these video reviews:

Nova #1-3 (3rd series)

New Warriors #1

Uncanny X-Men #1 (2nd Series) Part of X-Men: Regenesis

Amazing Spider-Man Annual #21 (The wedding of Spider-Man and Mary Jane. Yeah. I'm going there.)

X-Factor #130 Another Part of X-Men: Regenesis

Superman: Speeding Bullets

Wolverine and the X-Men #1 Another X-Men Regenesis book

That's it for right now. I've got to find some DC books to cover. However, I did manage to get some of the last books Jack Kirby had a hand in making. Hmmmmm..... That and some of the reboots.

No comments:

Post a Comment