Saturday, October 12, 2024

Starbolts #702: Working Nine to Five

 Hail!

    Our heroes have infiltrated the consulting firm and found that they are putting a team of metahumans together! To make things even more interesting, it looks like one of the members of the team is a Mosqukatara warrior. That's uh....definitely a choice there. I mean the bugs are known throughout the galaxy as tyrants, dictators and authoritarians. Does anyone think this guy might be any different? That remains to be seen. Like the old saying goes, you need to be careful of the company you keep. Sure you might want to keep your enemies close. But, a bug? That's a bit iffy. We'll see what happens like I said.

    I'm not sure what abilities the other members of this squad will have. I'm thinking one of them might have superspeed to compete with Marcus and another might have superstrength. I'm not sure. I haven't made their full character sheets yet. I assure you by next week's comic they'll have names, psychological profiles and power sets. Will they join the academy? It's hard to say.

    Leading this bunch is of course one of the Lady Liberty bots we met back in Starbolts #680.  I wasn't about to let that plot dangle. For some reason Dexter Howard thought Earth needed a Lady Liberty bot hanging around. Why? I don't know. It can't be for anything good. So, this team has a bug AND a bot. That's not a good look as far as the Starbolts are concerned. Firaxil's reaction is more than justified.

    That reminds me. I was tempted to make the blonde lady who hit on Firaxil a metahuman. But, nah. I don't think I want to mix up the office front with what Steve's organization is really doing. I'll be exploring that next time. For now, I think I'd better get that report on the boss's desk by five!

See ya next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment