Saturday, October 28, 2023

Starbolts #655: A Haunting Conclusion

 Hail!

    Happy Halloween 2023, everyone! I decided to go a different route with the usual Halloween comic where I torture Richard "Cobra" Smythe and the usual hi-jinks that ensue. I decided to focus on ending the Soldier Six ghosts' storyline for the time being since I left their fate up in the air. Obviously they weren't asw exterminated as Cobra wanted them to be. Nope. Instead, they now have to walk the earth and haunt the man who killed him--FOREVER! And get this. The powers that be gave them permission. The universe really does have a sense of humor! I'm sure we'll see the ghosts again from time to time. But, we won't see them for a while. Let the spirits rest because they have bigger fish to fry!

    I thought the costumes for our heroes were pretty good this time around. Firaxil as a xenomorph from the "Alien" series was a great idea and I love how that sprite came out. I do wonder how he's going to kiss Carter at midnight, though. Then again those xenomorphs have two mouths, right? They'll work something out. 

    Crystal as Jessica Rabbit was an opportunity I couldn't pass up. She's just as curvaceous as the cartoon character and has the red hair, too. How could I not go that route? Plus she has her darling Roger with her. Marcus as Roger Rabbit works on many levels. Gotta admire Crystal's confidence. She's definitely becoming the person she is meant to be and is getting comfortable with her body image. No one would dare judge her at this party. Still, I wonder if she'd be singing. Who knows?

    Jack and Anya are dressed up as two members of G.I. Joe: Flint and Lady Jaye. They were a couple in the old '80s cartoon and even had an offspring who was seen in season three of the Transformers cartoon. All of the Hasbro toons were connected in a cinematic universe that predated Marvel Cinematic Universe. Though, Transformers and G.I. Joe were produced by Marvel Productions at the time. Makes ya wonder, doesn't it?

    I hope everyone has a great Halloween. Next time we'll be back with some more Starbolts goodness and hopefully Firaxil remembers how to turn back to his normal self. It would suck if he was stuck like that. Then again, he'd probably give baddies a heart attack based on his appearance.

See ya next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment