Saturday, September 23, 2023

Starbolts #650: The Terra Nova Gala

 

 Hail!

    Welcome to the 650th edition of the Starbolts! It has taken quite a long time to get to this point let me tell you.  I can't believe I started this comic way back in 2008 and that I'm still doing it today. You gotta so a passion for your work, right? And I do have a passion for writing and doing these comics every week. It's something I enjoy and I hope everyone reading these adventures enjoys them as well. It takes a lot of work doing these comics. The writing process takes some time and I bounce ideas off of a couple people. Then I have to draw everything. It's fun to do and I can't wait to continue the adventure for a long time to come!

     In this week's comic we see Crystal making the rounds as she prepares her epic speech at the party. Check out who's there! I couldn't possibly fit everyone who was ever hurt by Terra Nova on those two panels. So, I went with a select group. In the first panel we have from left to right:

Front row: Shenra

Middle row: Valentina, Simon, Shelzi, Jarl, Ellie, Sid, Holly, Norad, Aquita, Jenna, M'anta, Yeena and Crimson Justice.

Back row: Granite, Bruce, Mateo and Shrall.

In the second panel we have from left to right:

Front: Selena, Kaori, Stan, Andrea, Jack, Anya, Dendra, Nisson, Gloria and Gregorio.

Back row: The first Lady Liberty, Garazo, Takashi, Angela, Kevin, Pal'idin, Elaine, Richard, Rebecca, Avery and Tanis.

     Wow. That is a lot of people who do not like Terra Nova. There are a ton more people in that room. Trust me. I just didn't have space to put in the rest of the New Starbolts, some Department of Metahuman Affairs agents and others. Pretend they're all there wishing to give Terra Nova the send-off they DON'T deserve. This isn't that kind of funeral.

    As you can see Crystal and Firaxil are still impacted by the evil organization. I suspect that this party may not be enough to undo the damage to their hearts. Still, it has to somewhat help them, right? At least I hope so. At least Marcus is on hand to help Crystal through thick and thin as he always is. Plus Carter and Firaxil both have the shared trauma that brought them together. It's good that they're all doing this. However, there's clearly a surprise at the end of the comic!

    Looks like Sola is back and is sporting a new hairstyle! Could she be the mysterious blonde who was popping up in various comics? Perhaps. We won't have too long of a wait since I'm already working on Starbolts #651. Stay tuned for the startling confrontation with Sola. How is she alive?! That's a very good question. Answers will be coming soon so stay tuned!

See ya next time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment