Saturday, March 9, 2013

Starbolts #185: A Hero's Journey



Hail!

First and foremost, thanks go out to Linkara for allowing me to use Lightbringer once again in the comic. I know it is a brief four panel cameo. But, I'd like to think of it as a send-off since I don't think I'll be able to use him again once Lewis finds a new writer. I've enjoyed the Lightbringer comic as it brought a fresh take on the superhero genre. It's a great story and while the art changes every now and then from Lewis's style, to CR's and finally to Sergio's, it's important to note that the hero of the story is very memorable. I wish whoever takes over the reins good luck!

As for this week's comic, I had to make subtle jabs to DC and Marvel. Come on. This was an opportunity that was too good to miss. DC changes reality and shakes up the universe more times than I or anyone who reads comics can care to count. Marvel? Well, Marvel Comics is Marvel. There's not much you can say about that.

The holes in reality are here, it seems. How much ya wanna bet one of those invading starships will  want to explore that anomaly? And how much ya wanna bet that ship will be destroyed once it gets near it? We'll find out soon enough!

Right now, Manta has to deal with the Aquan personification of Death. This is gonna be a fight!

No comments:

Post a Comment