Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Starbolts #127: Party in the Sun and Captain America review




Writer's block sucks. No. Seriously. It SUCKS! Last week, I had every intention on finishing the comic and posting it. The problem WAS that I had trouble figuring out what I wanted to have Mr. Dastara say to M'anta that wasn't corny. I wanted to make it sort of like Ma and Pa Kent talking to Clark Kent or something. I decided to ditch that approach and come up with something a lot better. I hope it works. I kind of like it.

This comic is pretty special as it's M'anta's birthday comic. Why is it special? Well, this summer marks the 15th year since he was created. I wanted to do something special for his and retroactively Shrall's birthday. Since it was their day, I wanted to make a comic commemorating it. It's funny, though. Manta's pretty much the only character from those days that HASN'T changed.

Anyway, I got back from seeing Captain America a couple hours ago. What did I think? Well, I liked it a lot! I'm not going to spoil much. But, I will list what I liked:

1. The nod to the original human torch.

2. Stan Lee's cameo.

3. The costume riffing at the USO.

4. The Avengers teaser.

Those are just some of the things I really liked about the movie. It was fun! Is it up there with Iron Man? Definitely! I have yet to see Thor. I assume it's good from what people are telling me.

In other news, I'm gonna be on vacation for a week. I'll be back and you'll see a new vid. What's it about? Well...that'd be telling now wouldn't it? =D See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment