Saturday, July 16, 2011

Starbolts #126: Jack's Final Mission (Part 6)



Hails and horns! Welcome to the final part of "Jack's Final Mission" It was a long road getting to this point. Lots of conversations with Mark about where he wanted to go with the story. Lots of '80s references to get out of the way. Not to mention this chapter of Starbolts lore. Jack's backstory is interwoven with the others' as it was revealed. He was frozen for a very long time and when he awoke, the young kids he saw in the hallway were now young adults.
As for the last panel, I'm not about to tell anyone what that means. See, I want to be ominous like that. What's coming? Well, we'll see this fall. For now, I'm going to be devoting a month or so to some silly, fun comics since we've had a serious tone for a while now. It's time to bring on the funny! Just remember, humor can't be forced and as always please consult a physician before operating a heavy webcomic.
Now, let's tally up the references we had in this storyline. Let's go by the numbers:
Starbolts #122:
G.I. Joe
Thundercats
M.A.S.K.
Transformers
Dino Riders
Smurfs
Jem and the Holograms
'80s Hair metal bands
Starbolts #123:
Transformers
Starbolts #124:
G.I. Joe vehicles and playsets.
Centurions
Starbolts #125:
None
Starbolts #126:
My Little Pony
Voltron: Defender of the Universe.
Speaking of My little pony, I REALLY like how that mushroom cloud turned out. Thanks go out to Lozchic who gave me an outline I could use. I do regret not putting in any references to He-Man, She-Ra, Silverhawks and Bionic Six. Then again, Jack's bionic now. So...that could be a reference! HAH! I found a loophole! Okay, I'm ending the blog for this week. Cya!

No comments:

Post a Comment