Saturday, October 20, 2012

Starbolts #171: Reality Bites



This week's comic had a very interesting beginning. At first, I was going to simply intersperse regular Jenna and alternate Jenna action. Then, I decided that would be too confusing for people. So, I decided to just stick to the action in the Dark Starbolts' home reality. That's where all of Earth's heroes are. Some have been captured. Some haven't.


I also thought it'd be neat to pay homage to one of the most classic X-Men covers of all time. Panel 2 is a direct reference to Uncanny X-Men #141's cover. The story is cool too and initially I was going to call it "Days of Future...Whatever" or something. However, the 'Bolts aren't in a dystopian future. They're just in a reality where everyone thinks the metahumans are ALL bad. The costumes haven't changed for Ethereal and Dragonfire because there wasn't any real need to change 'em. Besides, they both look cool.


Next time I am going to post a video where I talk about the wedding of Peter Parker and Mary Jane Watson. Should be good. So, stick around for that.


P.S. Felt so good to be writing normal Marcus again instead of having to type in one unbroken sentence.

No comments:

Post a Comment