Saturday, April 28, 2018

Movie Thoughts: Avengers Infinity War

I just came back from the movie of the year! I'm just going to flat out say that I loved Avengers Infinity War. This blog isn't going to spoil anything. Of course it kills me that I can't spoil it. I don't want to be dragged and hung in front of the Internet for spoiling things. Lord knows what happened to the other people who have done that. They disappeared never to be seen again!

Back on topic. Did I like the movie? Yes. Yes, I did. I did have some minor issues. Let's get that out of the way. There were a lot of characters and the scenes did shift from group to group. I suppose that's fine. When you have a cast as large as this, you need to split up the action. Sometimes it can be a wee bit disjointed. In the hands of a lesser director, it wouldn't work. The Russos did a good job. My only complaint is that they just split the action so much. But, it makes sense. Everyone got ample screen time.

The movie is clearly a part one of a two part epic. I'm not going to get into any details but yeah you can tell that there is definitely going to be a part two of this story. The adventure is going to continue. This is the set up. One can only imagine what will happen next. I expect there to be a payoff in the end. So many things happened in the movie.

The other thing to note is that when you go see this movie, you may want to see the other Avengers movies, Captain America Civil War, Guardians of the Galaxy , Doctor Strange and Black Panther to fully understand who everyone is and what their deal is. If you see those movies, you should be good. Even if you haven't seen those movies, the Russos do a good job explaining who is who.

The action was good. The drama was great. The story overall had a lot of depth and the action you come to expect. Marvel does it again and I'm not saying this as a fan of the movies and comics. I have yet to see a really, truly awful movie from Marvel Studios. The hype train is real. You should really see this movie. It's got action, adventure, drama and really good character moments. Will I see it again? Well, I am seeing it on Monday. =)

Check the movie out and check back here for the next Starbolts comic! See ya then!

No comments:

Post a Comment