Saturday, March 26, 2016
I know I said I was going to do a video this week, but, I was sick and my throat was feeling kind of meh. Now, I am feeling better and can probably do voice work and video work. The script for the next video is all set. For those wondering, I am reviewing Star Trek: Flesh and Stone, a comic by IDW. It'll be my way to celebrate the franchise's 50th anniversary. I can't tell you how much I love Star Trek. I grew up with it. I'm getting ahead of myself. The video will explain everything in detail, I am sure.
As far as this week's comic goes, if you look closely at the panel where most of my heroes are gathered, you'll notice a few changes. If you can't see, I'll list them:
1. Dennis is wearing pants and is still stuck in that monstrous form Jade Skull turned him into. There's no way he can be normal Dennis again.
2. Tanis is back! He's just there for a visit.
3. Jack is talking to his mother and if you notice he doesn't have a cybernetic hand. That you can see. I'll explain what happened to him later.
4. Apollo and Velocity are present. But, where's Iron Eagle? He survived the Guardians' death! Well, I would think he still feels partially to blame for what happened to Dennis, Jenna and Adam.
5. Crystal's codename has been changed to Wraith. I made the change on the hero's profiles page. I changed it because she can turn invisible and use force fields and force blasts. Not very Chrysalis-like. So, there we are. Besides, I like the name now and Crystal will be seen more often.
Quite a group of assembled heroes and what is two more, right? We have Umbra and Raven! Umbra's look is inspired by the Bruce Timm Batman: TAS Batman look and Raven is inspired in part by the pokemon, Gligar. I might change his look because I think he needs something on his chest. I'm not sure what.
Meanwhile Crystal and Marcus are getting closer and closer. I'm wondering if I will have the two have a relationship. We'll see. It's getting a little likely. Crystal wants to change her ways. I'll explain what those ways were next comic. Right now she has a challenge ahead of her in the form of Lady Liberty. How is she going to fight her?!
Saturday, March 19, 2016
This week I thought I would have a little bit of closure for Marcus. Remember how just before Jaro caused a problem on Aquarius our speedy friend here was going after everything with a pulse. This also led to Gee-Nome conducting an experiment and well upset our speedy friend a little bit. That's okay. He's got a southern belle who wants to make him feel all right. I'm not sure if this will go anywhere. Call this testing the waters as it were. Not everyone has to be in a relationship of course. But, we shall see what happens. I'll think on it.
Crystal, like Norad, is a minor character. She's been around since the start. But, I haven't developed her much. Perhaps it is time to change that. Gonna update the minors a bit. Her story will be told. As will others. Should be an interesting ride!
In other news, I will probably have a vid for next week. What will I be reviewing? It's a surprise! Stay tuned!
Sunday, March 13, 2016
First off, I did see the new Captain Amercia Civil War trailer and I loved it! I really liked the design for Spidey's new costume. Sure it is clearly Stark made, but, I can definitely see that the design drew inspiration from how Spidey looked when Ditko and other artists drew the wallcrawler. It's sleek and will more than likely change by the time Spidey gets his solo film in 2017. It's a good time to be a comic fan, yes? Yes, I think so. =)
Secondly, here's this week's comic! After losing the embassy and going to Aquarius to fight a big bad, the Starbolts finally have a new home! This may be temporary, but, we'll see. I'll probably be making new backgrounds for it and everything. That stuff can wait. For now, a new era for our heroes is about to begin! Let's make it a good one!
See you next time!