Saturday, May 17, 2014

Starbolts #234: Time Goes On



Hail,

Now this is a jumping on point for new readers. I've showed the origin of the Starbolts, Soldier Six, the baddies they face and of course how two members of the team met and fell in love. I did all of this without rebooting the universe. Or renumbering the comic. That would have just been flat out annoying to do.

The comic took me a little bit longer than usual since I had to redo the original child sprites for young Mateo, Marcus, Jenna and Kevin. I'm pleased with how they turned out and I may use them again. Still, that scene. I've got "STARBOLT BABIES" going on in my head.

Later, we've got the future Starbolts. There are some obvious references to the old 'Bolts with them. That's the daughter of Manta and Lady Liberty, The son of Angela and Kevin, The son of Jack and Anya. And of course, the son of Quetzal and Aquita. The others, I think are just non related people. Not everyone needs to be related ya know? Only two are cousins.

The future's looking good, though. I had a good time working on the comic and I hope it's a good jumping on point for new readers. Thanks for reading and I'll see you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment