Saturday, January 25, 2014

My friend Justin "JewWario" Carmical

In the first few hours since I posted my latest comic, I received terrible news. My friend Justin"JewWario" Carmical had passed away Thursday whilst I was working on the comic. For those who don't know, Justin was always a big help to me and countless people on the Internet. He was a friend. He was a mentor. He was the kind of guy who always, always knew how to make you laugh even if you've had the worst day in your life.

The reason why this has impacted me so much is because I've known Justin for years now. In one of the first conversations I had with him, he gave me a sprite template that I use to this day. He wanted to make sure, first, that I was not offended. I laughed and said no. No, I wasn't. Again, that's just who Justin was. He's that friendly to everyone.

We talked on Skype and eventually he made a stream where various tgwtg fans would gather and just talk about things. He'd talk about himself and his vids. He even had other contributors on and we'd just discuss things. I never got a sense of ego from him or anything. He was always honest in his videos and in everything else he did. He just helped me and others a great deal. For that, I will always be grateful.

In fact, his positive nature actually inspired me to create my own video series. I try to be as positive as him in my own work. I told him this and he just smiled. I knew he was happy with that. He was a big mentor to me and so many other people. It's going to take time to get through all of this. Those who knew him have a long road ahead of them. I know I never got the chance to meet him in person. But, through the streams it felt like we did. He let all of us into his life.

Justin loved his fans. He loved everyone. I think it's important to remember that. He was a mentor to me. A friend to many. He was so positive and outgoing that I don't think he'd want us to be upset for long. He'd want us to continue on. I think that's what I am going to do.

I am going to continue doing what I do and though he may be gone to the great Nintendo game room in the sky, he can still inspire us to take our lives to great places and remember it would be what Justin would want.

That's what I think. That's how I feel.

RIP Justin "JewWario" Carmical.

No comments:

Post a Comment