Saturday, March 30, 2013

Starbolts #187: Adventures in Time and Space



Hail!

This week's comic. Hahaha! I had entirely too much fun writing it. I was having lunch with my creative consultant and over the course of the meal, we discussed Doctor Who. With us being Whovians, we developed a continuation of last week's comic by showing a Doctor Who parody this week. And MAN did we get some crazy tropes from the classic and new series in here.

Obviously, the Professor looks like the Fourth Doctor, Tom Baker. BUT! His mannerisms is like a combination of the 9th and 10th Doctors. Mark, my creative consultant is to thank for the staircase gag. Classic era Daleks couldn't go up stairs and kids in England back in the day hid behind couches whenever the daleks appeared on screen. SO! We needed to do two jokes in one. It works really well.

The only problem I seemed to have was trying to create a "TARDIS" parody. So, I picked a phone booth from around the same time as the police box the Doctor's TARDIS looks like. I also freely admit to humming the theme song while putting the sprites in the panels.

Speaking of Doctor Who, today (March 30th, 2013) is the premiere of the second half of series 7. Will be watching that! I do wonder if I am going to keep this  Professor guy around. We'll see. He may have one more use. See ya next time! Allons-y!

No comments:

Post a Comment