Saturday, March 16, 2013

Starbolts #186: Death's Cold Embrace



Before I get into this week's comic, let's discuss the last two panels as there's a bit of a story behind it. I had this conversation with Mark, who some of you may know is my creative consultant and person who I bounce ideas off of.

Here's the convo:

Me: Do you think it might be too early to save Jenna?
Mark: Nah. Though, this may be a good opportunity for something interesting.
Me: What?
Mark: Well, Manta's traveling from reality to reality, right? What do you say we create a parody of the Doctor?
Me: The Doctor? Dude, there's been 11.
Mark: I say base the appearance on whatever Doctor you'd like. I have a preference for the Fourth Doctor.
Me: Okay. But, he won't be a time lord. He'll be a member of that race we introduced last week.
Mark: No problem. He'll be a running gag anyway. After this bit, I don't see us using him much.
Me: Okay. One scarf wearing interdimensional entity coming right up. 


And thus an idea was born. There's your sneak peek at the creative process.  Though, in hindsight, I could have made the scarf a BIT longer. Hm. Nah. Instead I just gave him a monster fro. Look at that mess. Wow.

As for Death? She is relentless! She'll be seen again. It was nice to write her and such. However, in the end, Manta chose to embrace life. I could have put that in the last panel, but, it'd ruin the mood.

See ya next time!

1 comment:

  1. Very nice work! Great intense scene there with the Avatars there!

    ReplyDelete